With Stellarium, you really see what you can
see with your eyes, binoculars or a small telescope.
This is a free GPL software which renders realistic
skies in real time with openGL. E-Planetarium
distributes and pre-loads all our planetarium systems - mirror and fisheye - with
Stellarium software (at no cost). Show the skies in the dome, and then teachers and students can download their own copy for free from Stellarium.org for additional explortions! For more information
or to download a copy, please visit Stellarium.org. Please note, not all versions of Stellarium work well with the mirror... we always install the best possible version available.
Our Tonight Sky Guide
program utilizes Stellarium software that takes
audiences on a journey to the stars, constellations
and celestial highlights of our seasonal night sky. No
matter what the weather is outside, the stars
always shine in our dome. This program includes
a live presentaton guide through the current
night sky, tailored to meet appropriate audience
level. Each quarter our customers receive a free sky script; or we will render a turn-key show for an extra cost.
* Over 600,000 stars from the Hipparcos Catalogue.
* Planets and major satellites in real time - the visible side.
* Realtime tilt of Saturn's rings.
* 88 constellations with their names and mythological
* Images of more than 70 nebulas (full Messier catalog - Orion, M31
* Photo-realistic Milky Way; Star twinkling;
* Realistic eclipses, transit of Venus
* Zoom-in feature to see planets and nebulas
.....................................................> Next (NEW! WorldWide Telescope)
|Screenshots (click on images
below for high-resolution images)